Friday, August 20, 2010

Ciao I Miei Amici!!



Ciao, My friends and readers,

I am about to partake in an opportunity of a lifetime :That opportunity being to study abroad in one of the most beautiful and cultured cities in the entire world. If you cannot tell allready by my semi lingual references in Italian i am referring to none other then thebellisima citta, Florence Italy!!

My dream in life is to one day become a museum curator. i love art and everything it stands for i could talk about art for hours on end . In fact, i once stared thirty minutes at a painting in such wonderment i was nearly driven to tears. OK maybe i'm going to far now and sounding psychotic about art, but words alone cannot express the way i feel about it. My favorite art of all time is the art from the Italian Renaissance, Botticelli's The Birth of Venus and La Primavera are two of my favorite master pieces and to be able to study in Botticelli's homeland and the city of his esteemed patrons is a dream come true. i may sound cliche but as you tell in this post i am so excited for the journey that awaits me.

<3 Gianna Della Rosa

2 comments:

  1. Hello, dear! And welcome to the world of blogging. I look forward to seeing a fellow art historian travel the world! I am sure your visits will be exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Gianna! How exciting to be studying in Florence :)

    I look forward to reading your adventures.

    I will be visiting there shortly, and also very much look forward to seeing the Botticelli works you mentioned.


    Kind Regards
    H Niyazi
    threepipeproblem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete